Sunday, September 21, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 19: Space/aliens

Still playing catch-up for my mani posts, I will try to finish posting Days 19-21 today. The manis are done/photographed, I just need to write up the posts. I have a migraine though, we'll see what I can do!

Day 19 is "space/aliens". *woo*
(want to know more about this mani challenge? click here!)

I totally wanted to do galaxy nails for this but I think that is being overly-ambitious and working outside my skill level! Plus, had a migraine and was just trying to get this one done. Oddly, I love how it turned out. Spacey but not over-the-top. :)

I used Julep's "Lacey" as my base coat (1 coat). I stamped with Sally Hansen's "Silver Sweep" and used 2 different stamping plates (images below): Vivid Lacquer's 017 (for ring finger) and Cheeky's CH45 for the other fingers/thumb. I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Kinda brighter, sun is on the other side of the building right now!


Cheeky plate CH45.


Vivid Lacquer plate VL017.


Overall, I like how this turned out. I think it might be fun also to do a similar mani but use blue jelly polish and sandwich the various images. :)

Where to buy this stuff? Julep polishes can be purchased from their website. Sally Hansen polishes are widely available. Cheeky stamping plates can be purchased from their website (I bought mine on Amazon). Vivid Lacquer plates can be purchased from her Etsy Shop and are now available at Harlow & Co.

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! The navy and silver work so well :)

    ReplyDelete