Saturday, September 20, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 18: Bows

Day 18 is "bows", not something I usually do but hey, it's a mani challenge for a reason! Want to know more about the stamping challenge? Click here to find out more

Bows are kinda tricky for me. They represent a wider image than most and I have teeny tiny nail beds (hard to tell from photos). I went with an image that is kinda like a French mani tip. For my base I used 3 coats of Dior's Porcelaine (from their Spring 2014 Trianon collection). I love this colour but it does take 3 coats for full opacity and to make it not streaky. Kinda boo on that, I wanted it to be a 2-coater max. I stamped with Konad's white stamping polish using the Konad M56 plate (image below). I topped with Seche Vite.

Despite my issues with alignment and my tiny nail beds that barely fit the image, I don't think it came out too badly!

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, cloudy (but bright) daylight, no sun, near windows.


Outside, bright (but cloudy) daylight.



Konad stamping plate M56.


Overall, I like this mani! I wish more of the actual image fit on my nails and "bows" really aren't my thing -- but for some reason, I still really like it! Maybe it's the white on the pastel blue? I dunno. I think it's cute. I would totally do it again. :)

Where to buy this stuff?? Dior polish can be purchased at a number of retail outlets and online -- I'm not sure how easy it will be to find this particular shade though since it's from the Spring 2014 collection. I bought mine at Holt Renfrew when they came out. Konad stamping polish and plates can also be purchased from a number of places, I bought mine at Nail Polish Canada.


NB: I purchased all these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with any of the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely :) Gives me ideas for a Tiffany box-inspired mani, in fact!

    ReplyDelete