Saturday, September 20, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 17: Candy

Yes, I am very delinquent in my stamping mani posts. I had some personal stuff to deal with this week and haven't been able to post. That being said, I am not only resuming my posts but will do the ones I missed as well. I will post Days 17 & 18 now, and Days 19 & 20 later on. I should be fully caught up by tomorrow. :)

Want to know more about this mani challenge? Click here to find out more!

Day 17 is "candy". I wasn't sure how to approach this so I went with Sweet Tarts.



I'm not sure I like how it turned out but … well… this is what happened!
I used Lime Crime polishes, "Once In A Blue Mousse" (thumb), "Pastelchio" (index finger), "Crema De Limon" (middle finger), "Parfait Day" (ring finger), and "Lavendairy" (pinky). I stamped with Konad's white stamping polish. I used Bundle Monster plates (see images below), BM-421 (middle finger) and BM-425 (pink, ring, index, and thumb). I initially topped with Seche Vite (see first image) but it didn't look right so I went over it with MAC's "Matte Overlacquer" (matte topcoat).

I don't like how the white stamping over the yellow polish on the middle finger turned out, I should've picked a more contrasting base colour to do that image with (though to be fair, the other images wouldn't have stamped well over the yellow). I also need more practice with alignment.

With glossy Seche Vite topcoat, under LED light.


After using MAC's matte topcoat, under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (but cloudy, no sun), near windows.


Outside, bright (but cloudy) daylight, no sun.


Bundle Monster plate, BM-425.


Bundle Monster plate, BM-421.


A few things I love/hate about this mani. First, I think I would've skipped the Seche Vite and gone straight for the matte topcoat. I like the base colours but maybe would've skipped the yellow since the white doesn't show up as clearly. I think this mani would also look much better on shorter nails. I was going to attempt to draw hearts around the words but that would've failed miserably, I'm not that good with free-hand drawing.

Where to buy this stuff?? The Lime Crime polishes can be purchased directly from their website (but they do not ship them outside the US). I bought mine from Harlow & Co (she ships internationally). The Konad stamping polish can be purchased in a number of places. The MAC "matte over lacquer" can be purchased from MAC counters or their website. The Bundle Monster plates can be purchased directly from their website (individual plates or the CYO set). Nail Polish Canada also sells them.

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/products or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!

1 comment:

  1. This works well matte, and I actually like the subtlety of white on yellow :)

    ReplyDelete