Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 16: Rainbows

Up early this morning for a dermatology appointment -- I have to go get my moles/freckles checked every year since I had a bad one removed last year (it was "dysplastic nevi"). Everything this year was good so now I go every 2 years. Yay! Recently had a physical and dental checkups, everything is good. Gotta take care of your body, you only have one!

Today's mani challenge is "rainbows". Not sure why I included this one but… well… it was a challenge. I had NO idea how to approach this, so this is what ended up happening:

I only had a few rainbow images to choose from and I didn't want to go all rainbow crazy and stamp up all my nails. I ended up going with a simple foil/chrome look using ROYGBIV colours and layering them on my middle finger then stamping over with white polish.

For the base colour I used polishes from the Color Club Foiled Collection: "Hot Like Lava" (thumb), "Antiquated" (index finger), "Perfect Mol-ten" (ring finger), "Lumin-icecent" (pinky). On the middle I used corresponding colours from the Art Club stripper set of foil polishes (Color Club/Art Club are the same company, but Art Club makes smaller bottles with a skinny striping brush). I painted semi-arced lines along the nail. I used Konad white stamping polish and the Cheeky Jumbo Plate 8 ("Princess Charming"). I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED light.


Macro of middle finger under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Stupid clouds!!


Cheeky Jumbo Plate 8 ("Princess Charming"), I used the full-nail image.


Overall, I like how this turned out. The Color Club foil polishes were untried for me and I'm glad I tried them -- I really like them! I could've been more creative with my stamping but like I said, my choices were kinda limited.

Where to buy this stuff?? Color Club and Art Club polishes can be bought at a ton of places, I won't get into specifics (I bought mine at Marshalls). The Cheeky stamping plates can be purchased from their website, I bought mine on Amazon.

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Stamping Month participants! Some really amazing manis!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! That gradient is awesome and suits the stamped image to a tee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! The gradient is great, and suits being a feature nail (which is fab, given how time consuming all that layering must be).

    ReplyDelete