Monday, September 15, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 15: Clouds

Augh, this mani was a pain in the butt and I'm still totally unhappy with it. I redid it 3 times with different base/stamping colours/combos and it still looks poopy. I only have one stamping plate with "clouds" so I was kinda limited in what I could do. :/

Want to know more about the stamping challenge? Click here for more info!

Seriously, I tried so many different combos of base/stamping polish colours. It just wasn't working. In the end I went with Julep's "Mona" for the base colour and Sally Hansen's "Silver Sweep" for stamping. I only have ONE cloud stamping plate (Vivid Lacquer's VL006) and it just wasn't working on my nails very well -- I think, in part, because my nail beds are so small.

Either way, here it is.

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, cloudy daylight, near windows (no sun).


Outside, overcast daylight (no sun).


Overcast daylight (obviously no sun!).


Vivid Lacquer plate VL006.


Overall, I'm not really pleased with how this turned out. But meh, can't get every image and every polish or idea to work out. :/

Where to buy these items?? Julep polishes can be purchased from their website. Sally Hansen polish can be purchased just about anywhere! The Vivid Lacquer stamping plate can be purchased from her Etsy shop (she does periodic restocks, sign up for news).

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!

1 comment: