Sunday, September 14, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 14: Leaves

Day 14! Two weeks in already! Wow! I'm always amazed mid-month. It seems like the first week goes slowly but the second week speeds up. Two more weeks of stamping manis left -- then it's the October challenge (yes, there is one!). It's not stamping-based (though stamping could be an option). Stay tuned, more info on that challenge coming soon! (is it weird to say I'm insanely excited for the October one??).

Anyway! Want to know more about the September stamping challenge? Click here!

Day 14 is all about leaves. I was gonna go with fall leaves but decided to hang onto summer a bit longer…
This was a tricky one! I stamped with this plate/image before so I knew what to expect -- except my nails were a lot shorter last time. I tried using a few different stampers (firm vs squishy). Turned out the firm one worked better (go figure!). Can't wait until my Messy Mansion Pro set arrives! It has 10 stamper heads of varying firm/squishiness and large surface area -- I have a feeling it will bring my stamping up at least a notch or two. :)

The base for this mani is Zoya's "Rikki" -- a green chrome. It's an atypical shade to fall in love with but I've used it a few times and adore it! I used Konad's black stamping polish and the pink end of the Konad double-ended stamper. I used plate Pueen33 (image below) -- I like that the leaves are little hearts. I topped with Seche Vite.

Pueen33 stamping plate.


Under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outside, direct sun.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


I really like this mani -- I just need to get the right stamper head working! I like how the leaves on the ends of the vines are little hearts. :) I like the green underneath as opposed to being the stamping colour. The contrast of the opaque black over the foil green is pretty. :)

Where to buy this stuff?? Zoya polishes can be purchased in some physical stores, on their website, and at some online distributors (in Canada, check out Nail Polish Canada, that's where I bought mine). Konad stamping polish is available from many online retailers. The Pueen stamping plate is part of the Love Elements set and is available to purchase individually or in the set on Nail Polish Canada -- or from Pueen directly. Harlow & Co also carried Pueen plates (but is sold out at the moment for this particular plate/set).


NB: I purchased these products myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with any of the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!!

No comments:

Post a Comment