Friday, September 12, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 11: Books

Obviously this post wasn't done on the 11th. Yesterday was my bf's birthday and I didn't fall asleep until 4am the night before (insomnia) and woke up kinda late yesterday then had to rush out to get his gift, wrapping paper, cake & dinner ingredients then spent the day baking and cooking and hanging out with him. So yeah, post didn't get done. :/
BUT, I'm doing TWO posts today to get caught up!

Day 11 is "books" (want to know more about this mani challenge? Click here). I did one whole mani but it looked so bad I had to take it off and redo the whole thing. Grr. The second one looks much better.

I initially had actual book images on my nails but my stupid nail beds are so small it only had a few cropped books from the plate I used and looked ridiculous. So I decided to go with another "across all the nails" kinda image (I like these and want to do more!). This is of an ink splotch and feather/quill (script text on thumb).

I used OPI's "My Boyfriend Scales Walls" for the base colour and stamped with Konad's black stamping polish. I used Messy Mansion's plate MM24 (image below). I topped with Seche Vite -- which TOTALLY messed up my index finger with smudging of the stamping polish (grr). I used my rectangular white squishy stamper from Vivid Lacquer.

MM24.

Under LED light.


Thumb, under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).



I like how this turned out -- WAY better than my original mani. I'm also loving the across-all-the-nails design. I want to do more of these for practice.

Where to buy this stuff? I didn't use anything fancy -- OPI polish can be found in a LOT of places. So can the black Konad polish. The Messy Mansion plates can be purchased from her website (she does restock so be patient and sign up for updates).

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites featured.

Please check out the other September Stamping Month participants!

1 comment: