Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 10: Trees


I saw tons of pumpkins while out shopping yesterday and it just felt like fall! I'm happy it's starting to transition out of summer -- I really do hate summer! I'm more of a fall/winter person. I like to be cozy and bundled up -- I hate the gross heat/humidity/sun/etc. It's just not for me.

Today's mani challenge is "trees" -- and I decided to do a fall theme. A dark fall polish (one from my first-ever Julep Maven box!), a golden tree and glitter "leaves". I'm really happy with how it turned out, I wish I could keep it on longer!!

So yeah, even though the tree is totally crooked, I don't care! I'm not even a "brown polish" kinda person -- but this shade has kind of a reddish-tinge to it. The glitter gradient (which I have never done before, btw) worked out well to look like crisp crunchy fall leaves. I really do love it!

For the base colour, I used Julep's "Chloe" and for the glitter leaves I used Julep's "Autumn" glitter polish. Funny, both were part of my first Julep Maven box a year ago (November 2013 -- I joined Sept 20th so missed out on the October box, picked my November box in October). The gold tree was stamped with Essie's "Good As Gold" and the plate was Bundle Monster's BM-409. I used the Konad double-ended stamper (the small end). I topped it all with Seche Vite. I just ordered Messy Mansion's Stamping Pro kit (with the 10 stamper heads), hopefully this will help! I think it will, I have crazy curved nail beds and the firm stamper is just a total pain in the butt!

Under LED light.


Macro of middle finger, no idea why it looks like my nail bends sideways -- it does not in real life! Probably the little macro lens I use on my iPhone ($3 on eBay, can't expect much!).


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outside, direct sun.


 Bundle Monster stamping plate, BM-409.



Overall, I totally love this mani. I usually do maybe 3-4 in one day & only on one hand. Sounds weird but I like to "stockpile" my manis because I am prone to migraines & chronic pain issues from my spine/shoulder injury -- some days I can't sit here and do my nails, but I want to keep up with the challenge so I learned to have a few manis in my pocket in case I have a few painful days. Keeps me on track and I won't fall far behind. I did this mani on Monday but I still have it on because I love it so much. :) I wish it looked as pretty in the pics as it does in real life! It was hard to capture just how sparkly the glitter was. 

Where to buy this stuff? Julep polishes can be purchased from their website (Chloe is in stock but Autumn is sold out). The Bundle Monster plate is part of the "Create Your Own" set -- you can buy the individual plate or the set from the Bundle Monster website (both plate & set are in stock). Nail Polish Canada also carries Bundle Monster plates & sets (the individual plate is in stock but the set is not).

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product maker or websites featured in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month! participants. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That glitter on your tips is fabulous!!! I can't begin to imagine how is sparkles in real life <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It is beautifully autumnal :) Definitely one to go back to when you're finished the challenge and the weather outside is screaming fall at you!

    ReplyDelete