Monday, September 01, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 1: Flowers

Yay! New challenge month! Last month was great but I'm extra excited about this month because I really want the practice of stamping -- I'm not good at it (as you will see!), but I want to get better. If you want to know more about the challenge (or a general overview of stamping -- click here for my summary post). Today I will also be creating a participants page so you can check out what other ladies are doing. I will also create a list of regular polishes that can be used for stamping and will link that also. You do NOT have to do a new mani everyday to participate nor do you need a blog or anything. If you want me to add your blog, Twitter, Instagram, etc, I can absolutely do that. You do NOT have to be "good" at stamping (hell, I'm not!) -- it's about having fun and learning!

So let me dive in and show you what I did for Day 1 -- flowers! This one is kind of a cheat since I used this particular stamping image on my toes before. :P But I love it and wanted to use red for my Day 1 (of course!). This is Essie's "Head Mistress" -- a gorgeous dark rich red creme. Details on the stamp and stuff after the jump!

As I mentioned, I used Essie's "Head Mistress" -- I love this red! I used 2 coats of polish. I stamped with Konad's black stamping polish. I used a Pueen stamping plate (Pueen22, see image below!) -- I have really small nail beds so the full images on regular plates work really well for me. I used the pink end of Konad's double-ended stamper. This mani was actually pretty easy. A few spots didn't transfer well -- I seem to have the problem where it picks up okay onto the stamper but then some spots don't stick to my nail -- WHY??? Argh. Oh, and I used Seche Vite topcoat -- a VERY light hand because Seche Vite likes to smear Konad stamping polish *boo*.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).



Pueen 22 stamping plate with the image I used.



I love how this turned out! Like I said, I used this on my toes before and really liked it. :) The Essie polish ("Head Mistress") is one of my fav reds -- super easy to work with and dries shiny. The image on this stamping plate picked up really well and was nice & sharp. Cleanup was kind of a bugger -- I find stamping polishes to be harder to cleanup than regular ones for some reason (I used acetone and a little brush).

Where to buy these items?? Essie polishes are sold pretty much everywhere. I got this particular shade in last year's "12 Days of Essie" holiday advent calendar (SO hoping they do this again this year!!), but I've seen this shade in stores and online. Not hard to find. The stamping plate - Pueen 22 -- I bought in the "Sumptuous" Gallery set (25F) -- I know Nail Polish Canada sells the set and the individual plates (I just checked and the set and individual plate are both available & in stock). They ship free to US/Canada (are based in Canada) & shipping in Canada is free! *woo*

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish, stamping stuff or websites discussed in this post. I am doing this for fun!

Please check out the other September Stamping participants!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I did black and red roses a few weeks ago; they seem very gothicy and autumnal somehow. This is a gorgeous mani :)

    ReplyDelete