Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Special Post -- ILNP's Black Orchid

After being seriously burned by Julep on my August Maven box (my order was cancelled/refunded because they ran out of stock… and there was some other drama I won't get into now!), I decided to place an order with a group buy for 3 polishes by ILNP (I Love Nail Polish) -- an indie polish maker in the US. I have never previously tried any polishes by ILNP but heard super awesome things. Her fall collection was about to be released to I picked 3 (I kinda wanted them all though, truth be told!). Today after doing some stamping manis I asked dear boyfriend which I should try first and he selected "Black Orchid". After putting it on I was absolute in my declaration that this shade is indeed MY NEW FAVOURITE POLISH!!!!!! Must get backups!! My previous fav was Cirque's Coronation but we have a new winner!

Black Orchid is a deep vampy burgundy-purple holo but it's soooo much more. Seriously, I'm in LOVE! What a fantastic way to try out a new polish brand! It looks different depending on what light you have around you. Unfortunately it's cloudy here today so I had to sub in some halogen lighting but still, soooo pretty!!

I used 2 coats of polish over Duri and topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright (but cloudy) daylight, no sun, near windows.


Outside, bright (but cloudy) daylight, no sun.



Indoors, halogen track lighting.



Macro under halogen track lighting.



I seriously love this polish! It kinda reminds me a bit of Glitter Gal's "Transfusion" but this one has more burgundy to it than purple, if that makes sense!

Where to buy ILNP? You can purchase this (& other polishes including the Fall 2014 collection) on her website or her Etsy shop. Oh, and her polishes are 3-free! Yay!

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with this polish maker or the websites listed.

1 comment:

  1. This colour is DELICIOUS! Your nails and photography skills are fab too :)

    ReplyDelete