Saturday, August 09, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 9: Cadillacquer - Where Is Carl?

Wow, first day in 7 that I woke up without a migraine! yay! Must be the meteor shower & super moon this weekend. *fingerscrossed* I hope it stays this way!

Day 9 is Cadillacquer, a brand I absolutely adore! It was a touch choice but I selected "Where is Carl?" for today's mani. :)

What is "Indie August"?? Click here to find out more!!

More after the jump!
Cadillacquer is a brand based in Switzerland and is both 3-free & cruelty-free (yay!). "Where Is Carl?" is from the April 2013 Do You See What I See? Collection. It's an interesting polish! A white crelly base with tiny square black glitter, tiny ocean blue metallic hex glitter, and medium-sized ocean blue metallic hex glitter. 


The formula was great for a glitter crelly! I usually have big screaming fights with these kinds of polishes, but this one applied very well. It was on the sheer side, being a crelly, and I was tempted to layer over white but I didn't. This is just Seche Clear base coat, 3 thin coats of polish, and one coat of Seche Vite. 

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Under halogen track lights in kitchen.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outdoors, direct sunlight.


Overall, I really like this polish! It's not something I would usually wear -- I OWN a lot of glitter polishes, I just don't usually wear them. LOL. But when I put this on I really liked it and didn't want to take it off. Different yes, but it's also an elegant chunky glitter, if that makes any sense! It is on the sheer side so I'm not sure if I would put white undies on or leave it sheer. I kinda like it sheer! But it would be pretty as an accent nail too… lots of ideas!

While this is an older polish and most likely unavailable, I urge you to check out other polishes by Cadillacquer -- she makes some really stunning polishes and has some cool theme collections (like Breaking Bad & Dexter!). You can purchase directly from her website (she ships worldwide), or from North American Distributors: Harlow & Co (ships internationally) & Llarowe (also ships internationally).

NB: I purchased this polish for myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker featured. I am doing this for fun!!

Please check out the other Indie August participants to see what they are doing with their manis!!


No comments:

Post a Comment