Friday, August 08, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 8: A England - Iseult

Okay, as an advance warning, I'm writing this post with a migraine and having taken migraine meds and I'm seriously dopey/stoned. So if none of this makes sense I apologize. And no worries, I always have my manis done at least a day in advance in case something comes up. Thank god I do that, because there is no way I could do my nails right now! I am also grateful for the ability to dim the screen so the light doesn't blind me. So lets get on with it!

For Day 8 I chose to feature A England -- it was a VERY difficult choice as she makes such elegant and stunning polishes of the finest quality. But I picked "Iseult" (one of my untrieds) and I'm so glad I did!

More after the jump!
A England is the UK-based brand created by the lovely and alluring Adina Bodana. Her polishes are carefully crafted and are really quite stunning. I own several -- everything from creams to shimmers to holos and I have yet to be disappointed. Her polishes are 3-free and cruelty-free (yay!). This particular shade, "Iseult", is from the 2011 Mythicals Collection. A England describes this shade as a, "delicate romantic pink with opalescent pearly reflections". It's a cooler, blue-leaning pink with silver shimmer. It was hard to photograph and looks SO much better in real life.


The formula was perfect and easy to work with. No streaking & self-leveling. It was slightly sheer so I used 3 thin coats for this mani. I used Seche Clear for my base coat. The polish dried SUPER shiny slick but out of habit, I used a topcoat (Seche Vite). A England does make a base and top coat but I don't own them presently.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light, you can see the shimmer here!


Indoors, bright daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outside, bright cloudy/hazy daylight, no direct sun.


No real direct sun, it was kinda cloudy/hazy with a bit of sun peeking through. I did my best!


Macro under hazy/cloudy light, a teensy bit of sun peeking through.


Overall, I adore this polish!! It's so pretty and elegant and for such a pale pink, it's soft and not garish. I like that it leans cool, it goes well for us pale ladies! The formula was an absolute dream to work with. I really didn't need a topcoat.

A England polishes can be purchased from her website -- though no shipping outside the UK. In North America, you can purchase from Llarowe (ships International), Harlow & Co (ships International), and Nail Polish Canada (ships to Canada & US only). Definitely check out her other shades, A England makes some pretty amazing polishes! 

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker featured. I am doing this for fun!

Please also check out the other Indie August participants to see what they are up to with the mani challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment