Tuesday, August 05, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 5: Vivid Lacquer - The Bitch Is Back

Hello lovlies! Day 5 is upon us! I always get excited for August because I'm really NOT a summer person at all. I'm a winter baby and I think I just prefer cooler weather, fall, snow, winter. The sun/heat/humidity & me just do not get along. I pretty much just feel sick and get migraines and blistered/rashy skin all summer. No fun. So yay! that we're heading into fall shortly! :D

Onto Day 5 of the Indie August Mani challenge! (wait! what are you talking about?? click here for all the details!). I went with a polish from a collection I adore. The brand is Vivid Lacquer -- many of you know her for the incredible stamping plates she designs (they really are amazing!). But hey, she also makes some really beautiful polish! It was a hard decision but today I selected "The Bitch Is Back" for my Day 5 mani.
More after the jump!
My fellow Buffy fans will recognize this as spoken by Cordelia Chase in an episode of Angel. <3


Vivid Lacquer created a Buffy-inspired collection for Halloween 2013. I ended up getting them all because, (a) I'm a HUGE Buffy fan, and (b) they are really beautiful polishes! "The Bitch Is Back" is a medium forest green scattered holo with extra shimmer. Yum! Her polishes are 3-free and cruelty-free (yay!).

(bottom sticker)


The formula was perfect and I only needed 2 coats for this mani. I used Seche Clear for my base coat and Seche Vite for my topcoat. Cleanup was minimal and super easy. :)

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, cloudy daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outdoors, cloudy daylight (no sun).


Outdoors, cloudy daylight -- maybe a stretch to say hazy sun peeking through clouds?? (I tried!)


Under kitchen halogen track lights.


This polish is prettier on the nail than I expected! It's a perfect fall colour and would be amazing with cool stamping images on top (I'll save that for another nail challenge!). There are some other Buffy polishes I have yet to try but am excited to try them now!

I just checked Vivid Lacquer's Etsy shop and while she does have some of the Buffy polishes in stock, The Bitch Is Back isn't one of them. Do not be dismayed, however, as she does restock from time to time! She does ship internationally. Definitely check out her polishes and stamping plates -- she makes some really amazing things!

NB: I purchased this polish for myself and have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker featured. I am simply doing this for fun!

Want to see more?? Check out the other Indie August participants to see what polishes they are using!

Tomorrow I'm featuring an Enchanted Polish (oooh! Ahh!), so please return to find out which one I chose! 

1 comment:

  1. Love that we chose the same polish. Looks great on your longer nails!

    ReplyDelete