Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 31: Dance Legend - Hedgehog In The Fog

Aww, the very last post of August Is Indie Month! Day 31! It's been a blast and I'm soooo glad I dug in and tried some of those untried indie polishes! I hope you considered trying indie brands (or renewed your love for them also!). I wish I had time to use all my indie polishes this month but there are just so many. I'm hoping to incorporate some of them in next month's mani challenge (which starts tomorrow! Woo-hoo!) -- September Is Stamping Month! (<-- read the post to find out what stamping is, what I'll be using, and lots of other info about the next mani challenge!).

I'm super excited for this next challenge -- I suck at stamping (you will see my mistakes, my mis-aligned stamping, etc) -- but I'm hoping by the end of September you will see I have improved! This is NOT a blog with super perfect manis… I have dry cuticles and my hands suck from working as a nurse… I make mistakes… I take pics with my iPhone and a cheap $3 macro lens I bought on eBay! I don't have fancy lighting or an expensive camera. My manis are real, I don't use photoshop, filters, or colour correction. I take pics, crop, watermark and post them. I'm learning just like a lot of you are! So yeah, stamping is going to be fun, but far from perfect! Anyway...

For my final post, I selected Dance Legend & the shade, "Hedgehog In The Fog".

Dance Legend is a Russian-based polish maker -- I believe it is more mainstream in Russia but in Canada/US is only available through distributors -- for that reason, I'm counting it as an "indie" brand. They are 3-free and cruelty-free. I'm new to Dance Legend, only having purchased a few months ago. I've wanted to try them for a long time!  They have some pretty amazing polishes, I'll have more info about where to buy them at the end.


"Hedgehog In The Fog" is part of the Mist Way collection and is a pale greenish grey crelly with iridescent flakies. Some have said it's a dupe for Illmasqua's "Raindrops" -- but I don't have that polish so I can't honestly tell you. The formula was very easy to work with. I used 2 coats of "Hedgehog" for this mani and topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED light.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Direct sun!


Direct sun macro.


Overall, this polish is super pretty! I'm a sucker for a good dusty grey and the added flakies give it an elegant sparkle. Plus, I am obsessed with anything "hedgehog" so that's an automatic bonus!

Where to buy Dance Legend? You can order from the Dance Legend website -- but keep in mind it is shipping from Russia. I have NO idea on delivery times, though I suspect it would be slow (edit: they no longer ship to Brazil or Canada, they do have a list on the main page with the international stockists). In North America, you can order from Llarowe (based in the US, ships internationally). Hedgehog is sold out at Llarowe but you can get it at the next restock, I'm sure (that's how I got mine). Check out the other Dance Legend polishes though, they are soooo beautiful!!

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites featured in this post. I am doing this just for fun!

Don't forget to check out the other Indie August participants to see what polishes they chose for their manis!

And finally, September Is Stamping Month! mani challenge begins tomorrow! If you wish to be added to a list of participants, let me know (more traffic for your blog/IG/Twitter/whatever!) and I can put your info there. If you have any questions, please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment