Saturday, August 30, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 30: Nubar - Sour Candy

Today I managed to snag my first Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season! My store has them early so we stopped in while running errands. It's super hot/muggy out so I asked if (a) They could make it iced, and (b) Would that be gross. The barista said it tastes like pumpkin pie either way so I went with iced (no whip). It was good, but very, very sweet (next time I'll order it "half-sweet"). Yum!

Day 30! Wow, only one more day and then we're into the next mani challenge! So crazy! I'm excited for September Is Stamping Month! I even ordered some new stamping plates and stuff, they should be here early next week. :)

For today's mani I selected Nubar's "Sour Candy". I used SpaRitual's "Off The Grid" underneath since "Sour Candy" is a sheer glitter topcoat (more on this in the post).

Nubar is one of those "borderline" brands that is kinda mainstream but still holds that independent charm. I think it's "indie" enough to include in this month's mani challenge. Nubar is based in California and is 3-free, cruelty-free, and vegan (yay!!). I only own 2 Nubar polishes and both are glitters so I grabbed this one to share with you.

When I bought this I was expecting a more full-coverage glitter -- but it's not. As mentioned, I used one coat of SpaRitual's "Off The Grid" as my base (a shimmery blue-green). I used 2 coats of "Sour Candy" and topped with Seche Vite. The formula was good, not goopy or anything. It's kind of a teal jelly glitter bomb with lots of different blue, teal, green, iridescent holo glitters of varying shapes/sizes.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Blurry pic because I love doing this with glitter polishes!


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Direct sunlight.


Sunny macro.


Under halogen track lights.


Macro under halogen track lights.


This polish actually more glittery/sparkly than I was able to capture in these pics. I will wear it in the future but want to experiment layering it over different bases.

Where to buy Nubar polishes? You can order directly from their website. Some retailers do carry Nubar polishes. I bought this & my other Nubar polish at Winners (in Canada, it's kinda like Marshalls/TJMaxx). You can also buy Nubar at Nail Polish Canada. I just checked and both the Nubar website and Nail Polish Canada have "Sour Candy" in stock. :)

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites featured in this post. I am doing this just for fun!

Please check out the other Indie August participants and see what manis they have done this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment