Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 27: Cult Nails - Flushed

Day 27! Only a handful left to go! Then I'll be starting the September Is Stamping Month! mani challenge. Want to join me?? (& no, you don't have to do manis every single day!)

Want to more about the Indie August mani challenge? click here!

For Day 27, I selected the brand Cult Nails (NOT to be confused with the brand featured yesterday, CULT Cosmetics), in the colour "Flushed". This is one of those glowy purple shades that draw compliments like crazy because it's THAT pretty!

Cult Nails is an indie polish maker based in the US (not sure where!). Her polishes are 5-free, vegan, and cruelty-free (yay!). I only have a few of them so far, but I cannot wait to get more!

This shade is called "Flushed" and is a dark purple jelly with pinky coppery shimmer… so pretty! It was part of the Fall/Winter 2012 collection.
Application was perfect, the consistency and formula were awesome! I don't like bottles with the round top as the brush handle, but that's just my own weird pickiness. :) For this mani I used 3 coats of polish with Seche Vite as topcoat.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Cloudy/hazy sunlight?? Maybe a stretch, I tried!


Indoors, under kitchen halogen track lighting.


Macro under kitchen halogen track lighting.


Some people have asked me if this is a dupe for Cirque's Coronation (review/pics here) -- but I think Coronation is more red-grape leaning while this is more straight up purple. They are close though! Same idea -- purple jelly with pinky coppery shimmer. 

Where to buy Cult Nails?? You can purchase from the Cult Nails website (they ship internationally & have lots of sales & stuff!). You can also purchase from a variety of online distributors such as Nail Polish Canada (based in Canada, they ship within Canada & to US), Harlow & Co (based in Canada, ships internationally), & Llarowe (based in US, ships internationally). I have checked all these sites and unfortunately, "Flushed" is not in stock in any of them -- most likely discontinued. *boo* BUT, Cult Nails does have other amazing polish shades -- go check them out!!

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites featured in this post. I am doing this for fun!

Please check out what the other Indie August participants are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment