Monday, August 25, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 25: Different Dimension - Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock

Day 25! Only 5 more manis of this challenge left! Time really does fly when you're having fun. :)

For Day 25 I selected Different Dimension & the polish "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock". If you watch Big Bang Theory you'll get it. And I totally just realized at this moment that I'm doing 2 BBT polishes in a row! Ok, that's weird! It wasn't planned!

Want to know more about the Indie August challenge? Click here!

Different Dimensions is a Ohio, USA-based polish maker headed by Missi Barry. Her polishes and nail care products are 3-free & cruelty-free (yay!). She creates & mixes her own polishes -- they are so pretty! Unfortunately, I only own 2 of them -- both glitters & both from the Big Bang Theory collection. I fully intend on getting more in the future!


"Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" (RPSLS) is a sheer light blue jelly packed with a crazy mix of glitter. I had a hard time with this one -- only because I wasn't sure what to use as an undie! I tried black. Nope, couldn't see the blue and I didn't want to wash that out. I tried over a light blue, same problem again. Finally, I put it over white (Essie's "Marshmallow") and that seemed to work. I could've built it up on it's own but I would get hyper if I could still see the nail line (I'm weird like that).

I used one coat of Seche Clear base coat, one coat of Essie's Marshmallow, 2 coats of RPSLS, and one coat of Seche Vite to top.

Under LED light.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Hazy/clouds/sun. Not a true sunny pic since it was so hazy and almost about to storm.


Overall I like this polish -- though I don't think it's something I would wear a lot (though it is fun!). I'm almost 42 years old so this is a little crazy for me to wear. I'm not saying it's an age-specific polish, just saying that it's a little too "young" for me personally, if that makes any sense. No insult to the polish though, it's crazy fun & something I would've worn a LOT when I was younger! 

I urge you to check out the other Different Dimension polishes, she has some phenomenal creations -- both glitters and non-glitters! Her polishes are very unique and pretty!

Where to buy?? Go to the Different Dimension Etsy Shop (she ships internationally). As far as I am aware, she does not sell polishes through a distributor at this time.

NB: I purchased this polish for myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or website featured in this post. I am doing this for fun!

Please check out the other participants for Indie August!

No comments:

Post a Comment