Sunday, August 24, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 24: Dollish Polish - Penny… Penny… Penny...

Wow, August 24th! Summer is almost over! Makes me want to watch Dirty Dancing (1987)! So many of you must be excited (or not) about returning to school, and those of you who are parents must be busy "school shopping" -- I used to loooovvveee school shopping when I was a kid! I still do -- except I have no reason to buy school supplies. I'm taking this year off grad school for medical reasons so no new school stuff for me. *sad face* It's a necessary thing though -- and I'm sure the next year will go by super fast! A LOT can happen in a year!

Anyway, Indie August mani challenge Day 24! I selected the brand Dollish Polish & the shade "Penny… Penny… Penny…" (I'll just refer to it as "Penny" for the rest of this post!

What's the Indie August mani challenge?? Click here to find out more!

More after the jump!

Dollish Polish is a US-based indie polish brand that is 3-free and cruelty-free and has some pretty impressive collections! I found her brand last year around November and picked up some of the holiday shades, adding on "Penny" with it. And it's been sitting untried since! (though I'm not sure why because I actually really love it!)


This shade (if you didn't know) is in reference to Sheldon's incessant knocking on his neighbour, Penny's, door in the tv show Big Bang Theory (if you've never watched this show, I strongly urge you to -- it's soooo funny, but one of those ones you should watch from the beginning or you won't know what's going on). It's a pale milky shimmery peach crelly base with different sizes of copper hexes, squares and orange iridescent glitters -- that's a lot going on! In the bottle I really loved it but didn't know how it would translate to my super pale skin. I usually can't wear such warm colours, it just looks weird. But… I put this on and wore it for a few days (I sometimes do my manis in batches so I have some "free" days in case I get migraine sick or something, I won't miss a post!)… after having it on for a day I was in love! The more I wore it, the more I loved it! And super awesome wear! I had it on for several days with no chips or hint of tip wear. Yay!

For this mani I used Seche Clear as my base coat, 3 coats of polish and Seche Vite topcoat.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outdoors, direct sun.


Sunny macro.


Macro of the bottle, under LED light.


Like I said, I ended up really loving this shade. It's like wearing a neutral but with a bit of random spark without being an overly in-your-face glitter polish. It's subtle but it's there.

Where to buy Dollish Polish?? You can order directly from the website (she ships internationally). Her polishes are amazing -- I want the newest collection (Ultimate Fandom Part Deux) but I'm on a no-buy for a while since winning the NPC contest (understandably!). I'm still sad though, I love all the references and the polishes are pretty -- go check them out! She makes minis & full-size of most of her polishes. I just checked and unfortunately "Penny" is sold out at the moment (both mini & full size) -- but it's still on the site so maybe she will make more?? As far as I am aware, she has no distributor so you'll need to shop her site.

NB: I purchased this polish for myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or website featured in this post. I am doing this for fun!

Please check out the other Indie August participants to see what they are up to!


2 comments:

  1. this is such a pretty shade! i'm not sure it would look good on me but your swatches are amazing and this is really pretty neutral but with a twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really didn't think it would look good on me at all… most warm/coppery/orange colours don't (too pale)… but this one totally grew on me as I wore it, I didn't want to take it off! It's definitely a very elegant and pretty polish considering it's a crelly glitter! I was expecting a bolder look but it's like peach satin with the odd glint. I love it! <3 Yay! for trying untrieds, finding new loves!

      Delete