Saturday, August 23, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 23: Lime Crime - Once In A Blue Mousse & Milky Ways

Day 23! Today's polish is by Lime Crime. There are a few things to say about this brand first. One, some people don't consider the brand to be a true independent. I personally do since it's really only available online and often sells out & is often hard to get (brand in general, not just the nail polish). Two, there is a LOT of controversy about the integrity of the brand itself. I am not going to weigh in or even discuss it. I was not there, I was not involved and I really, really hate to gossip. I'm sure you can find out the details yourself if you're curious. I personally do not care.

Want to know more about the Indie August challenge?? Click here!

Today I selected "Once In A Blue Mousse" & added polka dots on the ring finger with "Milky Ways". I'm also including a bonus pic of most of the Lime Crime polishes mani I did for Easter of this year. :)

More after the jump!
Lime Crime Cosmetics is an LA-based brand headed by Miss Doe Deere. The polishes (& cosmetics) are cruelty-free, many (but not all) are vegan. The polishes are 3-free. There is only one Lime Crime polish collection, 7 shades that make up the Les Desserts d'Antoinette Collection. 

The formula on all the polishes is a dream. I was expecting a big streaky fight but nope -- slightly streaking on the first layer -- but self-leveling -- and opaque on the 2nd layer. It dries to a shine. Perfect!

This is the mani I did for Easter 2014. I used all the colours except Milky Ways and Peaches & Cream. 2 coats of polish, Seche Vite to top. Photo was taken in bright daylight, indoors, no direct sun.


For today's mani I used Seche Clear for my base coat, 2 layers of polish, dots on the ring finger with Milky Ways (only one dot, I didn't have to go over them or anything). I did NOT use a topcoat! Shiny on it's own & I wanted you to see this because some people told me theirs dries matte. (?) I don't think they reformulated or anything. Maybe I got a lucky batch?? I dunno. Mine dries shiny.

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


And the minute I go to take a sunny pic, it clouds over with storm clouds. *boo* Well, I tried!


Another LED light pic, to show you how shiny it is!


This is the 2nd time using these polishes and I lovelovelove them! They are pretty pastels but not too faded out, the colour is well-saturated, cleanup was a breeze. I didn't wear a topcoat so you could see the shine, but if I was wearing this mani for several days, I'd likely put a topcoat on to protect it from chipping & tip wear.

Where to buy these polishes?? In the US, you can buy them directly from the Lime Crime website (they ship their cosmetics internationally, but they only ship their polish within the continental US). I bought mine from Harlow & Co (I just checked & all of the Lime Crime polishes are in stock on her website -- she is based in Canada but ships internationally). Nail Polish Canada presently does not carry the polishes but does carry Lime Crime cosmetics (they ship to US & Canada). 

NB: I purchased these polishes for myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites featured in this post. I am doing this just for fun!

Please check out the manis that the other Indie August participants are doing! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment