Friday, August 22, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 22: Ruby White Tips -- An Ocean Full Of It & It's The Bomb Yo!

I'm super excited to show you these polishes! Day 22! Yikes! Only another week of manis left in this challenge! Want to know more about the Indie August Challenge?? click here to find out more!

For Day 22 I selected Ruby White Tips -- an awesome indie brand! Colour choice was tricky but I knew I had to go with one of the Breaking Bad Collection polishes (I bought them all in the winter -- yes, crazy, but I love the show & I love her polishes *winwin*). It took a while but I settled on "An Ocean Full Of It" and "It's The Bomb Yo!". If you watch the show, you'll get it! If you haven't watched the show -- I strongly recommend it! Crazy but so good!

More after the jump!
Ruby White Tips is a Pennsylvania, US indie polish created by Laura Toff (who is an absolute sweetheart, btw!). Her bottles are always bejewelled, which is a super cute touch. Her polishes are 5-free and vegan/cruelty-free (woo!). She always comes up with super fun collections based on tv shows, movies, etc. She also has a charity collection with proceeds going towards Batworld.org -- an organization that rehabilitates bats & educates people (who doesn't love batty bats??). I have purchased several times from Ruby White Tips and can't say enough good things about her/her brand!

Okay, onto the polishes! I'm featuring two. I intentionally wanted to do just a glitter accent nail except the glitter looked SO AWESOME over the polish, I had to put it on on my nails! 


"An Ocean Full Of It" is a medium blue/light blue sheer jelly with gold-green shimmer. Sooo pretty!


"It's The Bomb Yo!" is clear base with bits of shimmer, holo blue hex and large circle glitter -- essentially a glitter bomb!

For this mani I used Seche Clear for the base coat, 3 coats of "…Ocean…" and one coat of "…Bomb…" topped with one layer of Seche Vite. I wasn't able to get out any of the large circle glitters, which made me sad, but I think it still looks really pretty. Hard to capture just how pretty on camera.
Formula on both was good, "Ocean" was a bit sheer, hence the 3 coats. An undie would help if you didn't want to build it up so much. "Bomb" was easy to work with, a little digging trying to (unsuccessfully) get circle glitter but it was easy to work with.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outdoors, direct sun.


Sunny macro.


And a blurry one because I like blurry pics of glitter polish!


Overall I love this polish and the combo! It reminds me of the beach -- blue ocean and golden sand with bits of sea glass and sparkles on the water. Of course, I also love the Breaking Bad reference!


Where to buy Ruby White Tips?? I suggest you go to her Etsy shop (she ships internationally). She does have a website but when you click on "products", it redirects you to the Etsy shop. Sign up for news though, you'll get notice of new collections, sales, etc!

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker featured in this post. I am doing this for fun!

Go see what the other Indie August participants are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment