Saturday, August 02, 2014

August is Indie Month! Day 2: Emily de Molly - Black Forest

So sorry for the late post. I was up until 4:30am reading (<-- bad girl!) and slept in until noon then had a bunch of stuff to do before getting down to mani time. But I did not forget!!

Want to know more about the Indie August mani challenge?? click here for the details!

I have a handful of Emily de Molly polishes and they are all so beautiful! I have been wanting to try "Black Forest" since I bought it several months ago. Emily de Molly polishes are created in Australia (purchase details can be found at the end of the post!) and are 3-free. I'm not sure if this particular polish was part of a collection but from what I can gather it was created in 2012 (please correct me!!).

More after the jump!
This polish is a black jelly base with green hex glitter of varying sizes. I wasn't sure about opacity on it's own so I use a black undie (Julep's Jet, best black ever! plus, I don't own an indie brand basic black polish). I also figured this would be a bugger to remove so I applied 2 coats of Nail Pattern Boldness' "Glitter-A-Peel" (an indie brand peel-off base coat) -- I will do a separate review of this soon!! The formula on Black Forest was great -- I didn't have to dig for glitter at all and spot placing was easy. Cleanup was also super easy. 


It reminds of of a pond with lilypads. :)

In sum: I used 2 coats of Glitter-A-Peel base coat, 1 coat of Julep's Jet, 2 coats of "Black Forest" and one coat of Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.

LED light macro.


Indoors, cloudy daylight, near windows (no sun).


Outdoors, cloudy daylight (no sun).


Sucks no sunny pics, it's overcast/hazy today. *boo*


Outdoor macro (no sun, cloudy daylight).


I LOVE this polish! No idea why I haven't used it sooner. I think next time I'll try it on it's own without the black polish underneath.

I purchased this polish myself. I checked and Black Forest doesn't appear to be available anywhere. :( I do urge you to check out other polishes by Emily de Molly. Her Big Cartel site does not ship to Canada. You can purchase her polishes from Nail Polish CanadaHarlow & Co, and Llarowe (these online stores all ship within North America).

Whew! I do have some beauties coming up this weekend! 
Oh and don't forget to check out what the other Indie August participants are doing for their manis!!

NB: I purchased these products myself and I have NO affiliation with this polish maker, I am doing Indie August for fun! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment