Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 19: Nfu Oh - 54

Day 19! Yay!

Want to know more about the Indie August mani challenge?? click here!

For Day 19 I selected the brand Nfu Oh. They colours are just numbers instead of names and this is "54"…
More after the jump!
I stumbled up on Nfu Oh on Nail Polish Canada and was curious because they have these insanely gorgeous "flakies"… what's a "flakie"?? It's kinda like glitter but instead of distinct circles or other shapes, these are iridescent, sheer flakes of glitter in random ragged sized. They can add a very stunning touch to your manicure depending on how you use them. Nfu Oh is the creation of Miss Oh, a South Korean polish maker with worldwide distribution.


For this mani I decided to layer it over a black base (in this mani I used Julep's Jet, the best black ever!). I used: one layer of Seche Clear base coat, 1 coat of Julep's Jet (the black), and 2 layers of Nfu Oh's "54" with a topcoat of Seche Vite.
The consistency is a jelly so it's a bit on the thicker side and takes a touch longer to dry. This particular flakie shifts green-teal-navy blue -- so pretty!! I tried to capture the shift on camera but it was tricky!

Oh, and LOVE the super cute corseted bottles!! :)

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight, no direct sun.



Intentional blur to capture some of the green-blue shift. :)


Outside, direct sunlight.


Direct sun macro.


As you can see, this polish is super fun! Maybe a bit crazy for work (depending on where you work!) but some serious fun and you will keep staring at your nails!

Where to buy it?? I purchased this shade at Nail Polish Canada -- I just checked and they do have it in stock (they ship to Canada & US only). You can check out the Nfu Oh website (UK-based, not sure if they ship outside the UK). 

NB: I purchased this polish for myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites featured in this post. I am doing this just for fun!

Please check out the other Indie August mani challenge participants to see what they are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment