Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 18: Girly Bits - Peel Here & A Stripper Has Been Sleeping In My Bed

Day 18! Yes, I know it's actually Day 19. My fault for not posting yesterday, it was kind of a meltdown day for me (yep, I have mental health issues) and spent most of the day crying. It is what it is. But today is better (which I told myself yesterday it would be). So I will be posting TWO manis today! Yay!

Want to know more about the Indie August mani challenge? Click here!

I selected Girly Bits as my indie brand for Day 18. I have so many, which to choose?! I did review/post on 2 polishes by Girly Bits before (read them here!). I'm always blown away with how awesome her polishes are! So what did I pick for today's mani?? The 2-year Anniversary duo of "Peel Here" & "A Stripper Has Been Sleeping In My Bed". It's a party, I promise!

More after the jump!
Mmm… k. Girly Bits is the brilliant brainchild of of one lovely Pam Heil in Kingsville, Ontario (Canada). This makes me pleased as punch because I grew up in Windsor, Ontario which is about a 30-40 min drive from Kingsville, so there's some local love/pride going on. Plus, who doesn't love Kingsville?? It's a super cool small town on the lake, I personally love it there!
Anyway, we're talking polish… This particular duo is for Pam's 2 year Anniversary of Girly Bits… "Peel Here" is described as a, "purple-leaning dove grey shimmer with holographic elements" -- it is meant as "undies" for "…Stripper…" (described as a, "clear based holographic micro glitter bomb" -- which I think is a major understatement!). Girly Bits polishes are 3-free and cruelty-free (rah!).

My intention with this mani was to do all my nails with "Peel Here" then put "Stripper" on all of them. BUT once I put "Peel Here" on I loved it so much I didn't want to cover it up!! In the bottle it just looks like an average grey creme with a touch of holo --and I guess that's what it is, but on the nail… I don't know… it just looks awesome! It's like a super elegant holo, which is a rare thing since so many holos are so strong it hurts your eyeballs. But this is a work-appropriate holo. And so, so pretty!

In the end, this is what I ended up doing:
- Seche Clear base coat
- 3 coats of "Peel Here" on all the nails except the ring finger
- 2 coats of "Peel Here" plus 2 coats of "Stripper" on the ring finger only
- Seche Vite to top them all off

*perfect*

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro of "Stripper" under LED light.


Macro of "Peel Here" under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight, no direct sun.


Intentional blurring in the sun so you can see all the sparklies glow! :)


Direct sun macro of "Peel Here".


Direct sun macro of "Stripper".


Honestly, the camera just can't capture the awesomeness of "Stripper"! I remember when I opened the package and unwrapped this polish I actually said, "Holy crap!!" out loud & started laughing (yep, I was alone at the time). It's just SO SPARKLY! 
I'm glad I left "Peel Here" on it's own for this mani because I really love it as more than just a "Stripper" undie. Definitely going to use both of these again (alone or together).

Where to buy?? I think the best place to direct you is the Girly Bits website (she ships internationally but also has international distributors! Find the list on her site!). Oh, and she has a new collection coming out on August 21st (noon, EST)!! She also sells polish-making supplies (woo! fun!). So go check out her site and poke around. :)

NB: I purchased these polishes for myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker featured! I am doing this for fun!

Please also check out what the other Indie August participants have been up to!



No comments:

Post a Comment