Wednesday, August 13, 2014

August Is Indie Month! Day 13: Literary Lacquers - Bionic Mmmm-Detector

Today is one of those day where I don't feel like doing much of anything, know what I mean? I think I'm in a more contemplative mood. Robin Williams' suicide really stirred stuff up for me (my own father killed himself, ironically the anniversary of his death was Aug 3… I really hate August now!). BUT, the show must go on!

For Day 13 I selected Literary Lacquers' "Bionic Mmmm-Detector". A glorious, glittery dream…

More after the jump!
Literary Lacquers is created by Amy Midler in Santa Fe, New Mexico and all her polishes have literary reference and embody the emotion and feel of the literature referenced. Her polishes are 3-free and all her packaging materials are 100% recycled/recyclable. *woo!* She describes this particular shade as such: "This polish was inspired by Vox by Nicholson Baker, published in 1990. This entire book is one long anonymous phone sex conversation over a 1-900 number. This book, published in the midst of the AIDS crisis represents the ultimate safe sex in a pre-Internet era. This book gained even more notoriety as the book famously given to President Bill Clinton by the young intern Monica Lewinsky.
Bionic Mmmm-Detector is a black jelly polish packed with aqua, teal, blue and green micro glitter.".
 This polish is part of her "The Good Parts" Collection which encompasses erotic fiction. ;)


Because this polish is a jelly-based glitter I was worried about how sheer it would be and if I could build it up to be full-coverage. I didn't use an undie with this polish. I used 3 coats of polish and a layer of Seche Vite for shine. I had no issues with the formula whatsoever. :)

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outdoors, direct sun.


Outdoors, direct sun.


Macro in direct sun.


I really like this polish but it is super dark… so if that's not your thing you might want to skip it. I have several other Literary Lacquers polishes and they are really pretty (the holos are great!). She ships quickly and packages everything nicely. I urge you to check out all her polishes!!

To purchase Literary Lacquers, visit her Etsy shop (she ships internationally). As far as I know she doesn't have a distributor yet -- hopefully that will change!

NB: I purchased this polish for myself and have NO affiliation with the polish maker featured. I am doing this for fun!

Please check out the other manis featured by the Indie August participants!!

No comments:

Post a Comment