Monday, July 14, 2014

China Glaze - Deviantly Daring

This is another from the untrieds. I found it recently at Marshalls. Perfect summery beach colour. :)

More after the jump!
China Glaze describes this shade as a, "peacock teal". It was part of the 2012 Bohemian Collection. In the bottle it's a very metallic duochrome blue/green/gold. On the nail it's more of an almost-mirror-ish teal -- not such a strong duochrome. It's still super pretty. It reminds me of Julep's "Phoebe" but this one has a lot more going on.

The formula was awesome. Not such a fan of China Glaze brushes (they're skinny) but it does help to get into the tighter spaces (I have small nail beds). Cleanup was effortless. I used Duri 2 as a base coat and Seche Vite as a topcoat. Oh, and 2 coats of this polish.

Under LED desk lamp.



Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outside, direct sun.


Direct sun macro.


Overall, I really love this polish! This is the only one I have from the Bohemian Collection but I'm interested in getting more!

I purchased this polish for myself. I just checked the Nail Polish Canada website and this shade is available and in stock. I'm sure it can be purchased from other retailers as well.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the same thing about the China Glaze brushes last night when I was putting on Spontaneous (it was a "spontaneous" decision ;) .. haha I crack myself up!). I have narrow nail beds and find the the OPI brushes are too wide, especially for my pinkies, but I would rather that than the super skinny brushes of China Glaze.
    This is a really pretty colour! I had Unpredictable from the same collection, but for some reason duo/multichromes just aren't for me and I got rid of it. I think I like this one a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird, this one *looks* duochrome in the bottle but on the nail it's more of a solid teal chrome. I've had it on for 2 days and haven't seen it shift (and I've been wiggling my nails around in all kinds of light, definitely not a duochrome!). It's a pretty colour though! Unpredictable is the other one from the collection I was thinking about getting. :) I think my fav duochrome ever is Enchanted Polish "Magical Mystery Tour" (over black), when I put it on I just want to stare at it and wiggle my fingers around like I'm a crazy stoner chick! :p

      Delete