I have created the following chart to guide my Indie August by listing various brands that I currently own.
Note that this is not an absolute list that you must follow!! This is simply a guideline. Some people have a lot of indies, others have only a few. The point is to use some indie polishes -- give them a try or use some of those untrieds (or even well-loved) polishes in your stash. There are a few very loose "rules" that I'm going to go by:
- Follow the chart. I created it based on my indie stash so these are the brands I'm using! Feel free to sub in a different brand!
- Try to use an untried polish (using what you have cuts down on spending and hoarding polishes! lol). You can also use an absolute favourite polish.
- Do a daily mani. Crazy, yes. I have the time this month to focus on this. If you don't, maybe do one a week or whenever you can?
- Other products (base coat, topcoat, cuticle oil, etc) are recommended to be by indie makers, but do not have to be!! I don't have a lot of non-polish indie nail products so I doubt I'll be using any.
- Write an honest review.
- Link to the polish maker in your blog post or IG or Facebook or wherever you post. This helps others find that brand and helps promote polish makers!
Some of you may argue about whether certain brands on my list are truly "indie" or not (eg. Model's Own, Lime Crime, or Nubar). In some cases they sit on the border, in my opinion. They are not readily available locally (at least not here!) in stores and they have to be purchased through distributors or directly from the maker. Also, I do not have copious numbers of indie polishes to make up a truly indie month -- but I still think it is important to do this. It's important to give love and attention to indie makers and to help those new to indie polishes learn more about them!!
I know of a few people who are also participating with me (in whole or in part), which is awesome! I don't expect everyone to commit to a daily mani, even if you can manage a few, that's perfect! The idea is to have fun, share some incredible manis, and use those dust-covered (or half-empty!) indie polishes!
For those of you who wish to be linked (blog, IG, Facebook page, Twitter, Tumbler, etc) for your participation -- please let me know and I will add you to the "Participants" page (to be posted soon!). You can email me your info (we.didnt.miss.it (at) gmail (dot) com), comment below, or find me on Facebook (you guys know who I am!). On Instagram I am: miss_tina and I will be posting all my daily manis on this blog, on my IG (using #indieaugustchallenge and #indieaugust), on my new blog Twitter, and on my new blog Facebook Page. Feel free to post yours wherever -- really no rules!
Let me know if you have any questions!