Monday, June 30, 2014

June is Julep Month! Wrap Up, Feelings, and Wishes

Wow! I can't believe I did 30 manis in 30 days PLUS 10 manis to review the June Maven box upgrade! Feels good to create a goal and finish it (however small). :)

The end is bittersweet. I LOVE Julep polishes & products but I've missed my other polishes/products. I did stick to using ONLY Julep stuff for the month as I outlined in my very first post. The only time I had to stray a little bit was when I ran out of the Julep non-acetone polish remover (I have the remover pads but they contain lanolin and I have a wicked allergy). I used another brand until my refill order arrived in the mail a few days ago.

What I "used up" during the month:

  • 1-1/2 bottles of Julep's non-acetone polish remover
  • one bottle of Freedom Polymer topcoat
  • one bottle of Nail Therapy base coat (the blue one)
  • a package of square cotton makeup remover pads
  • one e.l.f. concealer brush (I use this with pure acetone to do mani cleanup, after a while the bristles get all frazzled)
  • 1/2 bottle of Julep's cuticle oil (rollerball one)
  • 1/2 tube of Julep's glycolic hand scrub
  • 1/2 tube of Julep's Rock Star hand cream
  • 1/4 bottle of Vanish cuticle remover/softener
  • one thing of Julep's Mighty cuticle serum
It was all worth it! 

How many untried Julep polishes did I use this month? Between polishes, undies, toppers, etc., I used 59 untried Juleps! Some I loved, some not so much. I had a few surprises in there.

Surprises:
  • I LOVE Julep's non-acetone polish remover. I think I used it once and didn't like the smell. This time I used a small fan on my desk and it worked out well. It removes everything and is moisturizing. I've tried a lot of polish removers, and this one is one of my all-time favs!
  • I really loved almost ALL the polishes I tried. I think the only ones that didn't work for me were some of the yellow & orange shades (not a surprise)… except "Karen" -- a peachy orange that looks awesome!
  • The new Oxygen Smoothing base coat and Oxygen Performance topcoat are amazing!
  • The June Maven Three Wishes Collection is my all-time fav polish collection of ANY brand.
Some wishes for the future:
  • A comprehensive list of all the Julep polishes ever made, available on their site with a status (i.e. retired, available, limited availability, etc).
  • The ability to maintain a list in your account of all the polishes you already own so you don't end up accidentally buying dupes.
  • Restock the matte topcoat!! I WISH I had this during Julep Month but they were out of stock the entire time *sad face*
  • Bigger refills for the polish remover!
  • No lanolin in any of their products!
  • Kenya should be available outside the Gem Collection & Fina shouldn't be retired. Neither should a LOT of other colours!
  • Julep should do a "Retro" collection -- each polish could be a year (i.e. 1920, 1930, 1940, etc) and reflect the fashion trends/colours of each decade.
  • More holos!!!!!
  • Shipping. Oh my. Get it together, make it faster. I would GLADLY pay for shipping if it meant my stuff would get here sooner! Even getting it out of the warehouse faster would help.
  • "Send it now" option during the Maven window. I usually know on the 20th what I want & don't need 4 days to decide. This would speed up box processing and delivery I would think.
  • Bloggers (*ahem*) doing swatches for Julep instead of the studio shots/photoshop they currently use. I think everyone agrees this would sell a LOT more polish!
  • Julep should make a polish thinner (3-free). No offence to Julep but over time & with use, polish gets thick. Some formulas are thicker than others. Smaller bottles mean polish thickens faster. It's just the nature of paint! Having a Julep brand thinner makes sense.
  • Julep should make a polish bottle holder. The rubber ones you can buy online are too big/ugly for the slender Julep bottles. They could make a metal filigree one with gripper feets so it doesn't tip over. Or have it slightly angled so you can get the polish when you're near the bottom of the bottle. And not plastic, it has to be polish-remover-friendly! Make it pretty, make it functional.
  • Have a Canadian office. And hire me to work there. LOL. :)
What do I need backups of now?
  • ALL the June Three Wishes polishes!
  • Kenya
  • Fina
  • Demi
  • Ivy (I only have a mini!)
  • Jet (best black polish EVER!)
  • Denver
  • Ellie
  • Julianne
I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of right now.

So yeah, crazy month! I have no regrets, it was great fun. My nails are kind of a mess now from all the polish remover, acetone, polish, glitter, etc. I'm going to cut them back a bit and give them a few days of rest (after my Canada Day mani for tomorrow, of course!).

Up next, my final act of Julep love… a post featuring every Julep mani I have done since becoming a Maven last September.

No comments:

Post a Comment