Thursday, June 26, 2014

June is Julep Month! Day 26: Margot & Paris

Sorry for the late post, another migraine today (I'm super sun/heat sensitive & was out today).

Day 26 is "gold" and I had already used my all-time fav gold polish (Julep's Zelda) so I decided to go with "Margot". I wanted to try a glitter as well and chose "Paris" for my accent nail.

More after the jump!
In the bottle Margot looks very similar to Zelda but on the nail she is a more softer, lighter, less-blingy version of gold. Julep describes Margot as an, "old Hollywood gold shimmer". She was released in January 2014 with the Boudoir Collection (Bombshell). Paris is described by Julep as a, "multidimensional holographic glitter topcoat" & was released in the May 2013 Set The Stage Collection (It Girl).

Margot's formula was much more sheer than I expected and I ended up using 3 coats. But it went on smoothly and the consistency was nice. My bottle of Paris was kinda thick so I thinned it with a few drops of thinner before starting. I'm thinking it might need a bit more as it was still thick. I did my usual mani prep and cleaned up with acetone & a small brush (be careful, microshimmer everywhere!). I topped it off with Julep's new Oxygen Performance topcoat (I LOVE this stuff!!).

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro of Paris over Margot, under LED light (I think it looks cool close up!).


Macro of Margot.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, shade.

Outside, direct sun.


Outside, shade.


Overall, it's a pretty & soft gold polish -- but I think the craziness of Zelda is what I prefer in the "gold polish" dept! This would be more appropriate if you wanted a metallic polish without it being too flashy or glittery. It's very pretty!
Paris is fun but I think the thickness of the polish made it tricky to get the glitter where I wanted it to be. As with most chunky glitters, you have to kinda move the bits around and place them where you want them to sit. It takes some practice but it's worth it!

I purchased these polishes for myself. I just checked the Julep website and Margot is presently available but not in stock -- but she's also not on the retired page so there's a good chance she'll be restocked. Paris is available and in stock so if you love a holo glitter, go grab it! :)

NB: I am doing this Month of Julep entirely independently. I have NO affiliation with Julep whatsoever. I am doing this for fun!

Tomorrow will be crazy fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment