Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June is Julep Month! Day 25: Evelyn

Okay, so here is today's post (finally feeling caught up!). A little late on both, I know. We're almost finished the month, I'm not stopping now!

So Day 25 is "burgundy/plum". I wasn't sure what to go with here -- I had some really dark ones. I settled on "Evelyn" because she looks sooo pretty in the bottle!

More after the jump!
Julep describes Evelyn as a, "magenta purple crème" & she was released with the December 2013 Glitterati Collection (It Girl). 



The formula was good but the consistency was unusually thin and I kept flooding my cuticles -- so cleanup took forever! I wasn't a fan of that. Fortunately, despite the thinness, it could have been a one-coater. I did 2 coats of Evelyn, my usual cleanup with acetone and a small brush, applied Julep's Mighty cuticle serum and topped everything with Freedom Polymer topcoat (which is now goopy & thick, not cool!) -- you can probably tell in the photos. :/ The polish itself applied beautifully but the topcoat made it look messy. *boo*

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, super cloudy & raining evening light, near windows.


Outside, super cloudy & raining, evening light.


Overall, I absolutely LOVE this colour!! I wish the formula was thicker so it was easier to deal with (mine also had an oddly-shaped brush -- not impossible but it didn't help -- not worth bugging Julep about, I'll just use the Plié Wand and Precision Brush next time). It dries shiny. I probably didn't need a topcoat but I like the shine and protection it offers. I will definitely wear this colour again in the future! It's stunning but not in-your-face. Just pretty. :)

I purchased this polish myself. I just checked the Julep website and unfortunately, Evelyn is presently available but out of stock. I'm not sure when/if they will be restocking this shade. She isn't on the retired list so hopefully not!

NB: I am doing this Month of Julep entirely independently. I have NO affiliation with Julep whatsoever! I am simply doing this for fun!

Okay… tomorrow is going to be unique & pretty, I promise! ;)

2 comments:

  1. We *finally* wore the same colour for one of the days! My Evelyn was thin-ish too but it was easy to apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only a matter of time! I think my brush is a bit wonky and that's what was giving me trouble. I still really like it though! Only 5 more manis! I'm loving the challenge but I miss my other polishes sooo much!

      Delete