Monday, June 23, 2014

June is Julep Month! Day 23: Brit

Late but not forgotten! Busy day!

Day 23 of the June is Julep Month challenge is "grey". Appropriate because it's now raining and grey outside. :) After trying and falling in love with Hailee I was super eager to give Brit a try, so she is featured in today's mani.

If you're late to the party and want to know more about this Julep Month mani challenge, Click here!

More after the jump!
Julep describes Brit as a, "graphite silver suede" and she was released with the November 2012 Suedes collection (American Beauty). Julep calls it a "suede" finish but I think it's a shimmery matte. :) 


Because it's an older polish, it has the skinny brush (do not love!) -- if you hate it, super easy to pop on a Plié cap and use a Precision Brush! The formula was super smooth. I enhanced that by using the new Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat. Suede finish polishes do not need a topcoat -- though to make them last longer, use a matte topcoat in between the layers of polish (not on top). Trust me, it works!

Note: I DID use a shiny topcoat on the ring finger just so you can see what it looks like shiny. :) If you like it better, then by all means coat them all! I used the new Oxygen Performance topcoat. I'm really loving it!

The formula was perfect and no issues with consistency. As all matte polishes, it dries quickly so work fast - get in & get out. One coat was ok but I found 2 coats perfect.
All the other stuff -- mani prep, cleanup and moisturizing is all the same as I've been doing. Still using ALL Julep products (except polish remover since I ran out of that ages ago, unfortunately. I have some coming but it won't get here before the end of June. *boo*). Cleanup for this polish was super easy, almost none to do. 

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro of Brit under LED light.

Macro of Brit with Oxygen Performance topcoat.


Indoors, cloudy daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, cloudy daylight (no sun at all), rainy day.


Rainy day. :)


This colour meets my expected love of all the Julep Suedes! I think I like Hailee more out of the two but I can see wearing this one a lot. I hate the brush but the Plié Wand & Precision brush takes care of that. It's pretty with or without a topcoat. It's such a pretty understated grey, reminds me of grey flannel blankets or wooly grey sweaters. :) Perfect for rainy days!

I purchased this polish for myself. I just checked the Julep website and this polish is not only available and in stock, it's on sale! Yay!! I'd grab it if you like it, it may not be around again!

NB: I am doing this Month of Julep entirely independently. I have NO affiliation with Julep whatsoever. I am doing this just for fun!

Tomorrow… something lighter, more airy...

No comments:

Post a Comment