Sunday, June 22, 2014

June is Julep Month! Day 22: Janel & Mila

Day 22! I think it's now officially the "home stretch" of the Julep challenge month. One more week! At the end, I will do a retrospective post with pics of all my Julep manis EVER (all the ones from this month and those previous, including my pre-blog ones!). I'll also have comments on what I learned this month, my loves/dislikes, what surprised me, what I found most challenging, and what I hope Julep will do in the future. :)

If you're coming in late and want to know more about the June is Julep Month mani challenge, click here!

So Day 22 is "dark pink". Yikes! So many to choose from. The weird thing is, I'm not really a "pink" person, it's not a colour I reach for often. But hey, this is a challenge, right?? SO, I ended up going with Janel and doing an accent nail using Mila. WOW! is all I can say!

More after the jump!
Julep describes Janel as a, "pink raspberry frost". She was part of the April 2013 Turn On The Brights Collection (Bombshell). Mila is described as a, "charcoal multicoloured glitter" & was part of the July 2012 Sparkle Collection. Both are STUNNING, although you'd never know it looking at the bottle!



The formula on both was perfect. I had no issues whatsoever. Consistency was beautiful. It looked like Janel was a one-coater but 2 coats was perfect. I put Mila on bare nails (not over Janel) so I had to build her up a bit. I used 3 coats of Mila on the ring finger. The rest is pretty much my usual mani routine that I've been doing for all these challenge manis. Nothing new to that part. :)

Under LED desk lamp.

Macro of Janel under LED light.


Macro of Mila under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight, no direct sun.



In direct sunlight (these ones were taken hours later and I had done a LOT of housework/dishes/etc so I have some tip wear & surface scratches, but the COLOUR is still really pretty in the sun!).


Macro of Janel in the sun.


Macro of Mila in the sun.

I'm actually surprised how much I love Janel!! The colour and shimmer is so amazing and you see it right away. The formula was perfection. I just wish I didn't have so much cleaning to do today, I totally ruined it. *boo* But that's the cool thing about this challenge -- Janel would have sat in my untrieds forever because in the bottle she kinda looks so-so… but once you get her on your nails, wow! Super rich raspberry sorbet!
I like Mila too but I kinda suspected I would. I think I'd prefer this mani without an accent nail though, Janel can stand strong on her own. ;)

I purchased these polishes for myself. I just checked the Julep website and unfortunately Janel is unavailable. She's not even in the retired section. I'm not sure if they'll do another run of this colour -- Julep is known to have old colours pop up again. You can also try sale/swap groups on Facebook or store sites like Amazon, StoreEnvy and eBay.
The good news is that not only is Mila presently available and in stock on the Julep site, she is also on sale! So maybe grab her now!

NB: I have am doing this Month of Julep challenge entirely independently. I have NO affiliation with Julep whatsoever. I am doing this just for fun!

Up tomorrow… something a little different. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment