Monday, June 16, 2014

June is Julep Month! Day 16: Francis

In the home stretch! Okay, maybe not quite there yet, but June is totally flying by -- at least for me. I'm loving the Julep challenge but I'm also missing my other polishes (I have hundreds). I'm sticking it out though! I still have another 2 weeks!

What's this "Julep Month" thing all about? Click here!!

Speaking of weeks… I STILL have NOT received my June Maven box yet!! What's up with that Julep?? Seriously?! Maven boxes used to show up in about a week, now it's more like 3. The next Maven window opens on Friday, I wonder if I'll have my box by then? Not impressed!! >:|

Anyway, what is today's shade?? Day 16 is "light green". There were so many greens I could choose from but I have been really interested in trying "Francis" for a long time! Whenever I hear the name and see the colour, I always think of Francis (Baby) from Dirty Dancing (1987) -- probably because that movie came out when I was in high school. Lol.


The colour also reminds me of the super trendy avocado green kitchens (& everything else!) that were so popular in the 1970's!
More after the jump!
I was kind of concerned how this would look on my nails. I thought it would be gross and I wouldn't like it (just being honest here). BUT…. I LOVE IT!!


Julep describes Francis as a, "celery green crème". Okay, that's fair. I think celery is a bit lighter but then, this shade dries lighter and brighter on the nail. She was released in August 2013 with the Garden Party Collection (Boho Glam). 

Formula-wise, Francis is a bit thin but not too streaky. The thin-ness of the formula, however, caused me to flood my cuticles more than usual which is kind of annoying and extends clean-up time. BUT I only needed 2 coats and she dried to a nice shiny finish. Awesome. :)

I did my usual mani prep, applied Julep's Nail Therapy base coat (the blue one… if my Maven box ever gets here I can try out the new Oxygen base coat!!), 2 layers of Francis, and one layer of Freedom Polymer topcoat (also waiting on the new Oxygen top coat!!). I did my usual acetone cleanup with a small brush and applied Julep's Mighty Cuticle serum to my cuticles.

Under LED desk lamp.

Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun).



Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), next to a dinosaur. ;) 


Indoors, bright daylight, I'm gonna eat this pear!! ;)


Overall, I absolutely fell in love with this colour. It's bright and summery but not in a garish or neon way. It's not 70's avocado green. It still does remind me of Francis (Baby) in Dirty Dancing though!

I purchased this colour myself. I just checked and Francis is available and in stock on the Julep website. Yay! 

NB: I am doing this Month of Julep independently. I have NO affiliation with Julep whatsoever! This is just for fun!!

Tomorrow is for the stars!! ****************!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really loving this challenge, Tina! However, I have to agree - I'm missing my other polishes. So many coming in the next couple days. It has also got me thinking "what other -for- can I do?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're having fun too! I might do another brand challenge (but that's a crazy huge commitment), or I might do a month of indies or something.

      Delete