Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June is Julep Month! Day 11: Something Blue & Camille

Day 11 already! I have officially run out of Julep's non-acetone polish remover (*sad face*). When I started the challenge at the beginning of June, they were out of stock. They are now restocked, but even if I order it today with expedited shipping, it wouldn't make it here before the end of June. *boo* I will order some in the future but it's moot for this particular challenge.

What is this Month of Julep challenge?? Click here.

So today's challenge colour is light blue. I have so many! But since this is the season of weddings, I decided to go with "Something Blue". I also really wanted to try a coordinating glitter polish -- another tough one since I have so many -- I settled on "Camille". I only have a mini of her, so sad! I need to order a full-size because she is amazing!

More after the jump!
Julep's "Something Blue" is described as a, "little blue box blue crème". I'm having a hard time tracking down when this one came out but the bottom sticker says 2013. It doesn't appear to be part of any monthly collection, perhaps a Mystery Box or add-on?
"Camille" is described as a, "full coverage opalescent white glitter" & I believe she was released in the Spring 2013 Mystery Box (please correct me if I'm wrong!). It's really a hard one to describe. It does spark blue, green, pink, gold, yellow. It's kind of crazy! The glitter pieces themselves are translucent but not like flakies - they are well-formed shapes. I only have a mini of her, she came in one of the holiday mini sets. I need a full-size!


The formula for "Something Blue" was incredible. Usually blue crème polishes are thin or chalky or streaky. Nope, this one went on like an absolute dream. I could've left it at one coat but I did 2 to make sure. "Camille" was a bit goopy (most likely from being in a mini) but totally workable. I used 2 coats of her also (on the ring finger). I considered doing ALL my nails with "Camille" as a topper, but I'm going for a root canal tomorrow morning and I think that's too much bling for the dentist!

In sum: I did my usual pre-mani prep using Julep's non-acetone remover, Julep's glycolic hand scrub & Rock Star hand cream, the Vanish cuticle softener/remover with cuticle pusher tool, & the cuticle oil. I used one layer of Julep's Nail Therapy base coat (the blue one), 2 layers of "Something Blue", 2 layers of "Camille" (on the accent nail only), cleaned up my cuticles with pure acetone & a small brush, and topped it all off with 1 layer of Freedom Polymer topcoat.

Under my LED desk lamp.

Macro under LED desk lamp of "Camille".

Indoors, cloudy daylight, near windows (no sun).

Outside, cloudy daylight (no sun).



The sun was trying to peek through the clouds, this is as sunny as I could get. :/


Overall, I LOVE this mani!!! "Something Blue" is way brighter than I expected it to be, it seems to dry a bit brighter/darker than how it looks in the bottle (at least to me). The formula was super easy to work with and dried nice & shiny. Cleanup was super easy. And "Camille"!! How did I not use her sooner?! She is sooo pretty, I want to put her over everything!! Seriously, I need to get a few more bottles of this before Julep discontinues her! <3

I purchased these items for myself. I just checked and both polishes are available & in stock on the Julep website ("Something Blue" is even on sale!).

NB: I am doing this Month of Julep totally independently. I have NO affiliation with Julep whatsoever!! I am simply doing this for fun!

What's up tomorrow?? Well, I have a root canal as previously mentioned. BUT I did tomorrow's mani today to make sure I don't miss any days so there WILL be a post tomorrow here & on IG! I'm sure after my procedure I'm not going to feel like doing my nails. Fortunately I had time to do it all today. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment