Sunday, June 01, 2014

June is Julep Month - Day 1: Demi

Today is the first day of my Month Of Julep challenge and day 1 is red crème. I had several to choose from in my collection. I had previously used Molly. I settled on "Demi" because it is a gorgeous colour, described by Julep as a, "Deep dark red crème".
More after the jump!



"Demi" is an older Julep shade, has the skinnier brush. The formula was SUPER easy to work with and I only needed 2 coats for the photos below. I followed with Julep's Freedom Polymer Topcoat and TaDa! Quick Dry Drops. It seemed like the TaDa! drops left an oily residue on my nails that wasn't easy to wipe away (so my nails look a bit dulled in the photos). I did wash it off later and will do so in future photos if I use them again. I'm used to faster-drying ultra-shiny topcoats, the Freedom topcoat didn't seem to dry as fast as what I'm used to. I think I just need to play around with these products more to find what method will work best.

Under my LED desk lamp.

Indoors, bright light (no direct sunlight), near windows:

Outside, bright light (no direct sun).



I really love this colour. It's not my all-time fav red but maybe a close second? I'm a huge fan of reds. I don't like how the Freedom topcoat was slower to dry than what I'm used to with other products. I also don't like the oily residue that the Ta Da! drops left (you can tell in the photos). Like I said before, I think I just have to play around with these products and find out what works best. I have a whole month to do it! :)

I purchased this polish myself. I just checked the Julep website and "Demi" is out of stock and in their retired section. That's too bad, it's so pretty! Retired Juleps tend to pop up again from time to time and sometimes in Mystery Boxes or as add-ons. If you like this one, keep your eyes peeled! Or ask Julep to consider restocking it. Other ways to get this shade? swap/sale groups on Facebook and other forums, and on store shops like eBay or StoreEnvy.

As previously mentioned, I am doing this Month of Julep independently and I have NO affiliation with Julep whatsoever.

Tomorrow we're looking at dark blue… which one will I choose??


No comments:

Post a Comment