Thursday, May 15, 2014

Crows Toes - L'il Miss Cyanide

After my shimmer experience yesterday I dug through my polishes to find other similar ones -- with the rule of it having to be an "untried" from my stash. Out came Crows Toes "L'il Miss Cyanide". I purchased this several months ago but have yet to try it beyond making a swatch stick (which reminds me, I will be doing a blog post on how I make my swatch sticks, since everyone asks). It is from the springTHIS collection 2013. The *only* thing that bugs me (& just because I'm weird about things like this) is the apostrophe placement on the colour name label is wrong. It says "L'il" when is should be "Li'l" (since an apostrophe in the middle of a word is meant to replace the missing letters). Now that I have that out of my system, onto the review!!



This shade is a sheer medium purple dense with shifty shimmer (green/gold). The formula was awesome but I knew from doing the swatch stick it is super sheer so instead of doing a lot of layers, I put it over Julep's "Elisa" (a medium purple crème). But once I got going I ended up with a lot of layers anyway! I did 2 layers of Julep's "Elisa" (should've done 1, but hindsight…) then 2 layers of Crows Toes "L'il Miss Cyanide" then 1 layer of Seche Vite topcoat.

I LOVE the results! I would like to try just building it up on it's own without using an "undie". It might work out okay. :) It's all kinds of glowy and shifting. I wish it was sunny here today but it's not (rain, again, blah), it would look amazing in the sun!

Under my LED desk lamp.

Indoor daylight, near windows (cloudy).

Outside, cloudy (no sun).


Macro (under LED light).

I purchased this polish from Llarowe in the US. I *just* found out that Harlow & Co in Canada will be carrying Crows Toes polish! I'm not sure when this will happen as it was just posted yesterday but yay! You can also go to the Polished Crow (creator of Crows Toes polish!) or visit her Facebook Page for updates. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment