Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Julep - Alfre

Alfre is one of Julep's older shades. There is no year/number on the bottom sticker and I am having trouble figuring out just when it was released. It has the older, thin brush inside (which I hate) but you can always use the Plié Wand/short brush with it (I used the brush it came with).

EDIT/UPDATE: Shayna, over at The Polish Jinx just let me know it's from August 2012 -- THANK YOU!!! <3


More after the jump...
The picture above was outside in direct sunlight. As you can see, the formula is crazy streaky. I found this really annoying. I SO wanted it to just self-level and blend out into a uniform look but it never did. I believe I used 2 coats & one layer of topcoat. 
Julep describes Alfre as, "Royal Metropolitan Purple Metallic". I can't even remember when I bought it, it may have come in a Mystery Box or as part of a holiday set.

Under LED desk lamp.

Indoors, near the windows (daylight, not direct sun).


Outside, bright daylight (not direct sun).

 Outside, direct sunlight.

 Macro, under LED lighting.

I love the colour and finish, I just wish it wasn't so damn streaky! I hate it when you can see every brushstroke like this. :/
I bought this from Julep, though I can't remember when. I just checked their website and it's currently out of stock.

2 comments:

  1. Alfre was part of the august 2012 box originally. If you google my blog name (polishjinx) and history of julep maven you can see each month from the very first box through September 2012. So the first 13 months. I should really do an updated post with the last year and a half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Some of the older colours are tricky to track down. Easier now with those handy year/number stickers. ;)

      Delete