Sunday, May 18, 2014

Enchanted Polish - Ciao Milano

I am super excited about this! I bought Ciao Milano last fall but it's been sitting in my untrieds since then (yes, I am crazy). This is one of the more sought-after Enchanted Polish shades. This particular shade is one of four that make up the Big City Lights Collection from 2012. It is a multichromatic super shifting glitter polish and shifts between green, blue, purple, and pink depending on the lighting and the angle of your fingertips. It's sooo beautiful!!

To bring out the best in this polish I layered it over a straight black crème (Julep's Jet). I applied one coat of black (it was nearly a one-coat polish, I love Julep's Jet!). I then applied 2 coats of Ciao Milano and a layer of Seche Vite. I could've gone for an extra layer of Ciao Milano but I wanted some of the black to show through and I don't like my polish to be too thick. I also had a migraine and wasn't thinking straight (NO idea why I was doing my nails with a migraine -- but that kind of explains the imperfect application). Anyway, let's give it a peek!

(warning: picture heavy!!)

Under my LED desk lamp, looks so weird!



Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Hallway of my building, looked cool under these lights. LOL


A bright light source near my front door brought out the green.


Macro, I love this. I think I took this one near the windows.


Another macro, taken outside in bright daylight (not direct sunlight).


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sunlight).


Another few outside ones, you can see the purple as I tilt my hand (bright daylight, no direct sun).



After this I took some migraine meds and passed out for 4 hours. When I woke up the sun was out which meant… more pictures!

Outside, direct sunlight.


Indoors, daylight (no direct sun). You can see how it shifts depending on angle.


Outside, direct sunlight (not bad cuticles on pinky, just topcoat that got on cuticle and is peeling off!).


Outside, direct sunlight.


I purchased this myself during a restock last fall from Nail Polish Canada. I have also purchased Enchanted Polish directly from the Enchanted Polish Big Cartel Site. Note that the demand of this brand of polish means they are VERY difficult to get your hands on. There are random restocks on the Enchanted Polish site but they do sell out in seconds (I wish I was kidding). There are a few other resellers overseas but again, they tend to sell out VERY fast. It's like a shark feeding frenzy. Part of that is because of the limited availability of these polishes (being an indie and the maker does not do this full-time, she does have a day job!) and their beauty. I don't pay above retail for one (currently $19.50 in Canada, prices vary though). Some of the rarer, hard-to-find ones can go for several hundred dollars (again, I wish I was kidding). You can find them on eBay or StoreEnvy if you are desperate, but you'll get screwed on the price. There are some Facebook groups where you can buy/sell/swap Enchanted Polish shades but be careful who you deal with, ask for/read their feedback and always invoice through Paypal (do NOT send money as a "gift" through Paypal, ever!). They are beautiful polishes but I don't get caught up in the MUST HAVE THEM ALL! drama. I have a bunch that I really like and I'm content with that. To each their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment