Wednesday, May 21, 2014

China Glaze - Keep Calm, Paint On

I am an absolute sucker for minty greens. I saw this one recently at Marshalls and scooped it up, waiting for a good day to use it. :)

Keep Calm, Paint On is from China Glaze's Avant Garden/Pastel Petals Spring 2013 collection. It's a pastel minty green with a faint silver shimmer. It reminds me of "Siren Song" by Picture Polish but in reality it leans more blue (& the Picture Polish one has chunks of silver glitter, this one just has a shimmer). I have a million minty/seafoamy greens and can't get enough of them. I love it!

I used 2 coats of polish and one of topcoat. Oddly, it was only mildly streaky. The formula was surprisingly good. I expected streak-city but it wasn't. Went on nicely and self-leveled. :)

Under my LED desk lamp. It looks kinda weird… better photos after the jump!


Macro LED lamp shot. You can kinda see the shimmer here. It was REALLY hard to get the shimmer on camera!

Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near the windows.

Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun). This is the truest version of the shade, imo. Still can't see the shimmer though. It's more like a sheen I guess. Definitely not a plain crème.


Macro shot in direct sunlight.

I took a few photos in direct sunlight but they didn't look much different than the other shots so I left them out. Either way, I totally love this colour and will likely reach for it frequently.
As I mentioned, I bought it from Marshalls (around $5). It is presently in stock at Nail Polish Canada for $7.95 (free shipping in Canada). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment