Sunday, May 04, 2014

Anna Sui - 701

Ever buy a nail polish and later wonder why because the colour isn't something you would ever wear? This is one of those polishes. I like it in the bottle and something compelled me to buy it. But then it sat in it's little corner for months without a second glance. Today I pulled it out. I had planned on doing Julep's Audrey because… you know… Audrey Hepburn's birthday. But that was disastrous (stained nails, sheer polish, ew, tried an undie but that just made me look like a Disney Princess wannabe instead of Audrey-ish so I took it all off). So yeah.

I have never tried Anna Sui polishes before so I have no idea if my experience with it is common or not? The bottle is crazy cute. This one had a particular scent -- kinda like Thrills gum -- which is lingering and giving me a headache. If it doesn't fade soon I will be running for the acetone…

Oddly, the polish looks okay in photos. As I was applying it (3 coats because it was pretty sheer and I could still see nail line after 2, I added a topcoat also), I kept thinking, "Why did I buy this??". It's not an ugly colour, it's just not really me. It reminds me of the 70's. Anyway, I took a bunch of pics with different lighting (as usual)…

This was taken under my LED desk lamp. This seems to look at close to real life compared to the other pics.




I took this one in the living room near the windows.


This one was taken outside not direct sun, kinda shady.


Macro shot under LED light...


I purchased this at a Shopper's Drug Mart, cannot remember the price (sorry!).


No comments:

Post a Comment